What is Verruca Plantaris?
There are of many types of warts which can be seen in a person’s body. One of the most common wart formations is Verruca Plantaris. It is necessary to know about warts and how it is formed before knowing about Verruca Plantaris. Also, Verruca Plantaris is also known as plantar warts. Basically, a wart is a small tiny outgrowth which grows over our body when the area gets infected with a virus called HPV. these warts can appear anywhere around the foot, most probably one the bottom side. Plantar warts are seen in all age groups and do not depend on any age, gender or color.
Basically, there are two types of plantar warts:
- Solitary Wart: A solitary wart has an only single wart, it usually increases in size as times passes. These warts can multiply and grow into groups. These group warts can also be called as Satellite Warts.
- Mosaic Wart: These warts basically are made up of clusters, when a lot of warts comes together they form mosaic warts. They grow very close together and gradually get connected. These warts are more difficult to treat and take time to heal as well.
What Causes Verruca Plantaris?
The main cause of Verruca Plantaris is the HPV virus which spread if you get in contact with the virus. If a person has plantar warts and you touch wart make sure you clean your hands properly with the help of any antiseptic liquid.
There are chances that these warts are not visible on the skin for like two to three weeks but. Eventually, they will show up and cause severe pain in that area. Sometimes when the warts are present around the plantar area the wart might grow inward. Because of the pressure applied over the are by walking or standing.
Symptoms Of These Plant Warts
Here are some of the most visible symptoms of verruca plantaris:
- The area around the wart is thick and sometimes even looks like callus which becomes difficult to differentiate between them.
- It is observed that Verruca Plantaris can also look like corn, the only difference is that they are situated in different places. As we know corns are usually seen on the upper surface, whereas plantar warts are situated usually on the lower part that is near the feet area. They are usually visible in the area which takes the load such as the tip of the heel.
- Plantar warts can also be identified with the help of the small tiny black spots present in them if you trim the upper skin. If not treated on time plantar warts starting increasing and can lead into a grouping.
- When you stand over these they tend to grow inside with the help of the pressure put on the feet while standing or walking. Standing and walking on the same foot can cause you severe pain as well.
- Those tiny black dots are the dried blood capillaries. Usually, these warts grow slowly and are small, they grow with time.
- When these warts are bigger they can also lead to spreading or grouping. It can also lead to the splitting of warts causing the area to pain and bleeding.
How To Identify Verruca Plantaris
In order to diagnose or identify a plantar wart, it’s always necessary to get it checked by the experts. It is seen that plantar warts disappear on their own but there are people who want to get it removed as they cannot bear the pain.
Plantar warts are small lesions that appear over the skin and also have tiny small capillaries which are the dried blood vessels. If you the wart is scratched or irritated there are chances that it can bleed. If the pressure is applied over them they tend to cause pain and hence it pains when you walk or stand on feet which has verruca plantaris.
How To Prevent Them?
- You can prevent from getting plantar warts by not touching the person having it or touching anything which is been touched by them. Some of the ways you can prevent yourself from plantar warts are:
- Always keep in mind that you need to wash your hands after touching a wart, may it be on someone else or even yours. Keeps your hands dry as warts favor moisture.
- Wear shower shoes or rubber shoes anytime you get out of your house. Use thongs wherever you use a public pool or anywhere where you need to be barefoot which is in public.
- If you come in contact with any person suffering. From warts make sure that you wash hands and legs thoroughly with an antiseptic liquid.
- Do not try to pick your warts or even try to fidget with them.
- While having a pedicure or any kind of foot massage, make it a point. That the person is not using any kind of tools which have been used by a person suffering from plantar warts.
- Do not pick, brush, shave or try to remove it with any kind of tool at home. It will only spoil the situation.
- If you yourself are suffering from warts it is necessary to keep your feet dry and clean and do not let your leg get in contact with moisture.
Treatments For Verruca Plantaris :
There are some of the ways in which you can get rid of your plantar warts. A lot of treatments have become effective with the help of rising technology. Sometimes it is observed that some warts disappear without curing it. Some of the main ways you can get rid of warts are:
- Cryotherapy: This process uses liquid nitrogen in order to freeze their plantar warts. It freezes the affected tissue and kills it. It takes at least two to three sessions to totally get rid of warts.
- Cauterization: This is indeed totally different from cryotherapy. It uses extremely high temperatures to get rid of plantar warts. There is some pain felt during this procedure. This process also required two to three sessions to totally get rid of plantar warts.
- Trichloroacetic Acid: This acid can also be used to remove plantar warts. It takes at least two weeks to get results.