Are Warts A Big Problem?
Warts have been a problem to mankind since ages. They are spots that could appear anywhere on our skin. These spots tend to have an unappealing feel to them. They are often removed than kept. You should know more about these warts, to make sure whether you want to remove them or keep them. They could either be cancerous or benign.
Warts are often growths that are caused due to a virus called human papillomavirus (HPV). These growths are also known as verruca, while common warts are called verruca vulgaris. Their formation is most often small, rough and hard. Yet the colors are sometimes normal, while the other times, they have different colors such as pink, red, dark pigmented, etc.
The factors that risk the formation of warts are small cuts or injuries on the surface of the skin, use of public showers or working with meat. All these things could be carriers of the human papillomavirus HPV, therefore making you prone to warts. The virus is known to enter the skin membrane through the injuries or small cuts and form warts.
There are many types of warts that humans have studied over a long period of time. They include common warts, plantar warts, filiform warts, and genital warts. These warts have been classified on the basis of size, the site affected, as well as the type of HPV involved.
- Common Warts: It is a raised wart with a roughened surface. Your hands are more susceptible to common warts. But this does not mean that the rest of your body is liberated from it. The other parts could also have common warts. Common warts are also known as palmer warts or junior warts.
- Flat warts: These warts are small, smooth and have a flattened surface. They often are of a neutral color. These tend to occur in large numbers, mainly on the face, neck, hands, wrists, and knees. This type of wart is also known as verruca plana.
- Filiform warts: Their formation has a close resemblance to threads or fingers. Their occurrence is mainly on the face, such as the eyelids, or the lips.
- Genital warts: As the name suggests, these warts are found on the genitals of a human. These warts can spread because of sexual transmission. These warts are also known as verruca acuminate.
- Plantar Warts: A hard, as well as a painful lump, is formed, with a speck of black in its center. This type of wart is often found on the pressure points on the soles of our feet.
- Periungual warts: These are look-alikes of the cauliflower plants, that are formed in clusters. The areas around your nails are more prone to this type of wart formation.
The HPV virus is known to attack the squamous epithelium, mainly of the skin or the genitals. But each type of epithelium is only capable of attacking a particular site on the body. This is why some parts of your body are more prone to a particular type of wart compared to the others.
What We Shouldn’t Do:
Many times these warts can be painful, or even very uncomfortable. A lot of people prefer to get rid of them with many different methods. Not all are successful. Even if some methods help in removing these warts, they end up causing different side effects to the body.
Some people have surgeries to get warts removed. While this method is professional, it can be a great hassle for one. You would have to make appointments, take different medicines, take care of the dressing, etc. not to mention the side effects such as scars, or any complications that are caused due to the surgery
Other home remedies can be very harmful and full f side effects. They could also result in more warts. Ho,e remedies such as shaving warts, burning them or freezing them, or any other such methods is not suggested. The warts are known to be very contagious and can spread because of these methods too.
So How Will I Remove Them?
But this does not mean that you cannot get rid of warts. There is a way that is much easier, won’t cost much and neither would it be painful. It is very safe and gives no side effects. This method needs only one ingredient which can be easily found in your area. It is known as Tea Tree Oil For Warts.
This is an essential oil that is known to give many benefits to our body. One of which is removing warts. It not only removes them but also helps in preventing them from coming back.
More About Tea Tree Oil For Warts:
Tea tree oil is known to come from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant. This plant is a native to Australia. The extracts have been used as a cure for warts for centuries. Not only is this oil used for treating warts, but it is also found in many beauty products such as face creams, soaps shampoos, etc. the oil is also ready for purchase in bottle.but in varying concentrations.
Many researchers have found tea tree oil to show many different properties. Few of them are anti-bacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. The oil is also known to accelerate the healing of wounds, which is one of the properties which may help in treating warts.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Warts:
This oil can be found in many different concentrations. If your tea tree oil is highly concentrated, start with soaking a cotton ball into it with only three to four drops. Keep the ball on the wart and enforce it with a bandaid. Let it stay for five to ten minutes. Remove the ball and repeat the process two to three times a day. And on alternate nights, let the oil ball stay on your warts overnight.
This method is known as the Australian combo. One part of tea tree oil is mixed with three parts of eucalyptus oil. This combination is known to fight against viruses very effectively. Absorb the oil on a cotton pad and keep it overnight on the wart. This will get rid of the wart in a few weeks. Make sure to use it regularly for maximum effects.