Get Away From Those Ugly Moles.
Moles are nothing but clustered cells, the area around the skin becomes thicker and then turns into moles. Moles are usually flesh color but they can turn darker as time passes by. These moles can turn brown or black due to hyperpigmentation. Moles usually near your face, neck region, arms and even around the joints. The size of the moles can vary from 2 -4 millimeters.
Moles usually occur due to excessive melanin in your body. Melanin is more due to excessive exposure of sunlight on a person’s body. Moles appearing during childhood can come and go but if they are still present during adulthood it is seen that they become permanent.
How Do They Occur?
Usually, moles occur due to a lot of factors. Sometimes the genes inherited from the parents. These moles also occur to sun rays, hence it is always recommended to avoid going out during the afternoon to stay away from the harmful UV rays. Moles are darker than the area around the skin, a mole can be of flesh colored but can change color as time passes.
Moles eventually occur due to the clustering of the skin. When the skin gets accumulated in the area. That region then becomes thicker which lead to the formation of moles. Moles can occur anywhere on the body and their size depends on the area which it has appeared. These moles can be raised or flat depending on the position of the mole. They usually turn due to hyperpigmentation as they remain skin colored initially. Moles can occur to all races and all the people, it is also seen in animals.
Signs And Symptoms of Getting Moles.
Moles can be recognized with the help of their size, shape, and color. Some moles can be of brown, black, colors while some can be of skin color. They might also have hair growing over them. The shape of moles could be round, oval or even irregular sometimes. Usually, the size of the mole is less than 2-4 millimeters in diameters. It is seen rarely that the moles present from birth can grow and become permanent after adulthood. A lot of people have moles, mostly there are ten to twenty moles. Moles can also be seen after a certain point of age, after sixty years of age people start getting moles.
How To Identify A Mole?
Moles are basically an outgrowth which is usually dark in color. These can appear anywhere around the body. The size of the mole can differ depending upon the area where it has appeared and how much space it can find. Moles are at first of flash color but as time passes they can turn darker, sometimes moles are totally black due to hyperpigmentation. Sometimes moles can even change their shape or color due to excessive exposure to sunlight and can make them darker. Some of the possible reasons why the mole can change its size, shape, and colors are hormonal imbalance, pregnancy or even puberty
Types Of Moles
Moles can come in different shapes and sizes some of the common ones are:
- Acquired Moles: These moles and considered to be seen most probably in children and they do not cause any harm to them. These occur to the excessive exposure of sun over the skin.
- Atypical Moles: These moles do not come in specific shapes or sizes they are basically irregular. They can be both flat and round and in some cases, they can be totally irregular.
- Common Moles: These are found on the skin due to excessive exposure to sunlight. Common moles can be of 4-5 millimeters in size.
- Halo Moles: These are a lighter bigger in size than the normal moles and are usually encircled like a ring with the skin. This ring-like thing formed with the skin is light in color and usually harmless.
- Congenital: These moles are the ones which are present from the birth itself. Thye turns permanent after you reach adulthood.
How To Get Rid Of Moles?
Here are some of the methods that can be used in order to get rid of moles surgically.
- Shaving Excision: This method is used usually for the moles which are bigger and above the skin. During this process, the doctor uses the local anesthetic which is applied over the required area. Then he uses a sharp cutting object or a scalpel in order to shave the mole totally. After the mole is removed the area around it is cleaned properly so that it does not cause any infections.
- Punch Biopsy: This is the method used for getting rid of smaller moles which is why it is necessary to use a smaller device which will remove the moles. This device usually cuts of a cylindrical piece of the skin.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure takes more time the shaving excision and is one of the eldest ways to get rid of moles. The mole is cuts the whole mole and then cleans it with an antiseptic liquid. After cutting the mole the subcutaneous fat layer is also cut, you might also get stitches if the mole was big and the bleeding does not stop. This method is usually flat or malignant.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Moles.
Following are some of the ways in which you can get rid of you moles sitting at home:
Lemon juice is known for its skin bleaching and medicinal properties. Use a half wedge of lemon and with the help of a cotton ball apply it over the mole. Keep it covered for like twenty minutes to get the best results. Use a bandage or an adhesive tape to cover the mole. Continue this process for two weeks and apply it at least twice in a day. Gradually you will see that mole has started becoming lighter and will dry off and fall.
Tea Tree Oil:
This oil is used over the years because of its tremendous healing properties. It works best to cure warts and moles. You need to use a cotton ball and apply the oil over the mole. Make sure that the area around the mole is cleaned with an antiseptic liquid. Repeat this process at least once daily. Tea tree oil also gives you a soothing and cooling effect and hence it does not cause any side effects on the skin.
Dandelion is known for their healing properties and they also work good in order to get rid of your moles. The stem has a lot of purifying properties and treats moles and sores effectively. Use the dandelion extract are rub it over the mole. Keep it for an hour and keep it covered as well with the help of a bandage. Continue this process for a month and apply it 2-3 times a day.
Turmeric is a versatile element to treat ailments and is well known for its medicinal properties. It has a lot of antifungal and antibacterial properties. Use turmeric powder with a few drops of honey. You can also use Vitamin tablets. Crush with and make a paste of all of these and apply it on the mole. Keep it for fifteen to twenty minutes and then rinse it off. Continue this process for a few weeks to get the best results. Repeat this process two times in a day.
These leaves have refreshing and astringent properties. When you apply the paste, at first they give you a cooling sensation but start burning after some while. Let the paste sit on the skin for 10 minutes and then rinse it off totally. Continue this process every day two times. Eventually, the mole will fall off and the area with heal in two to three days.
Moles And Skin Cancer?
There are two ways in which we can discriminate one are harmless moles and the other ones are harmful cancerous moles. Normally moles as harmless and do not cause any kind of problems for humans but there are some of the moles which can become harmful in time. Usually when abnormal moles turn into melanoma, which is considered to be the most harmful diseases some like cancer as well. It is very important to keep a check on the size, color, and shape of the mole. When you find any one of these elements changing it is better to get it checked by an expert. If the mole is cancerous it is observed that doctor take a sample of that tissue.
What Are Cancerous Moles?
In some cases, moles can lead to cancer as well. One of the most common of all skin cancer is Melanoma. This cancer is caused majorly due to the sunlight ad it creates problem to tissues and other body parts. Apparently, any mole can turn into cancerous mole if not taken care properly or if it breaks out to cause any kind of infection which will cause such diseases. It is necessary that you get rid of such moles as soon as you get to know about it.
How To Get Rid Cancerous Mole?
The first thing that needs to be taken into consideration is to identify the mole. You need to study the mole and if there are any changes which show that it could be cancerous the further tests are held. A biopsy will be done, that is removing a small tissue of that area which will be checked and tested in the lab.
Next step talks about how the mole is removed from the skin. If it is the harmless one it can be shaved or cut with the help of a scalpel. When it is a cancerous mole the condition is considered to be taken with care and is to be operated properly so that no residue is left behind.
They will numb the area around the mole and call out of the respective method chosen by the doctor to get rid of the mole. Usually, surgeries and shaving are used in order to get rid of moles. In case of larger of thicker mole proper surgery is required which will also include stitches as to cover the area. Sometimes extra skin is also removed from the area in order to totally get rid of the mole.
- Are moles caused due to genetics?
Moles can be caused with the help of genes as it could be inherited to you by your parents. It need not be necessary that moles should be genetic there are many other factors that lead to the formation of mole such as obesity, pregnancy, etc.
- Is it safe to remove moles?
Getting moles removed is safe when done with the help of an expert. It is relatively safe to get rid of them with the help of home remedies. Using clean and properly disinfected instruments is recommended in order to remove these moles.
Precautions To Prevent Cancerous Moles.
In order to protect one from cancerous moles, it is necessary to take precautions. Some of them are:
- Avoid going out in the sun: Minimize going out during afternoons as that can lead to a lot of skin related diseases. It is always good to go out after sunset in order to protect yourself from the sun. If the need us urgent it is necessary to cover yourself totally while going out.
- Avoid Tanning: Having a dusky skin which shines is all games and fun until it causes problems to your body. Tanning on the sun rays or even with the help of tanning lamps and cause harm to your skin and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Cover yourself up: Use the extra cloth and protective clothing in order to cover yourself from sun rays. You can also use sunglasses, caps, and hats in order to protect yourself from damaging your skin with UV rays.
- Apply a sunscreen while stepping out: Use a sunscreen on your body at least thirty minutes before leaving your house. Apply is properly all over your body especially your face and the neck region.