We know there are times when you look in the mirror and wish your skin to be perfect as it is. You want a clear smooth skin that does not have any imperfection. Though it is a beautiful concept, it still can be ruined just by a virus.
Imagine waking up a day and noticing small skin particles growing out of your skin and just hanging there, a not so pleasant sight right? A virus that can cause an infection that will create small out-growths to grow out of your skin- the human papillomavirus, also known as the HPV.
The infection caused by the HPV leads to a growth of these skin-colored out-growths that hang off of your skin and vary in size. These out-growths are called as warts. Warts can be found either as individual growths and also in multiple numbers that come together to form lumps. If not taken proper measures, these lumps formed by warts can grow in size and number causing a severe problem.
Warts are outgrowths that develop on the skin or under the uppermost layer of the skin, also known as the epidermis. These outgrowths are skin colored and may change in color when if the condition worsens. They vary in sizes ranging from being just a few millimeters to a few inches. The virus that causes this infection is the Human papillomavirus(HPV). This virus is double-stranded in nature which means the DNA of this virus is double-stranded.
This infection is often seen in children and adolescents as these demographics are the common targets for this virus. This virus can also cause functional disability. In addition to that, it might also cause cosmetical disability. It is not very common for a person to be infected by warts pretty easily. As your body might get exposed to the virus that causes warts but there is a slim chance of you getting warts if your immune system is strong.
There are various types of warts that might happen to anyone. These are classified on the basis of symptoms, causes, and place where it prevails. Some of the different types of wart infections are plantar warts, flat warts, filiform warts, genital warts, and many others.
Symptoms of warts:
The symptoms of warts might vary as per the type of warts that you have. But there are some common factors in all of these cases. They are as follows:
- Development of small out-growths on your skin or on the uppermost layer of the skin called the epidermis.
- There is a high probability that these outgrowths multiply in number and form lumps on your skin or under it.
- In some cases, the area affected by warts is itchy and in some cases, might also be painful. It causes discomfort to the bearer.
- They might harden and cause a fissure that exposes the sensitive layers of the skin that might bleed or worse, cause an infection.
- You might suffer from a number of diseases as warts try and suppress your immune system further.
Causes of developing skin warts:
Skin warts are caused due to multiple reasons. It might happen to anyone who might come in contact with the virus HPV. There are a few reasons that make the possibility of getting this infection higher. They are:
- You might get plagued by warts if you have a cut or an open wound. This makes it easier for the HPV virus to enter your system.
- If you come in contact with a person suffering from warts, there is a greater possibility of acquiring warts.
- It is also possible to be infected by HPV if you use the possessions of people suffering from warts as it is contagious in nature.
- The HPV virus never completely leaves your body even if warts vanish. One of the causes of warts if the reappearance of HPV in huge number.
Treatment of warts:
Warts are generally harmless in nature. They do not cause any hindrance to the bearer for most of the part. It is also observed that this condition might treat itself by time as people have experienced relief from warts without treating them. This does not mean that avoiding the treatment of warts is advised.
We do not recommend ignoring warts and not treating them, as leaving them unchecked might cause them to grow and multiply in number and then form lumps on the skin. These lumps later harden and might cause inflammation, itching, and pain.
Apart from this, these hardened lumps can cause fissures in the epidermis exposing the sensitive skin below. This can also lead to bleeding and opens the gateway for infecting viruses that can cause infections. These lumpy menaces could be treated through various techniques and can be prevented by using a number of measures. One of the popular treatments for warts is the use of cimetidine. Let us get to know this complex better.
Cimetidine is used by people who are suffering from warts, ulcers, hives, and also itching. It is a generic form of the drug Tagamet. Cimetidine can prove to be an amazing remedy for warts as blocks the action of histamine in your body.
As we all know, warts develop and multiply in number if not kept in check, especially in people with a weak immune system. A better immune system helps to combat the HPV thus helping your body to avoid warts. Cimetidine is effective in blocking the effect histamine in the stomach and regulating the immune system of the body.
Precautions before using cimetidine:
- Make sure you follow the mentioned guidelines to avoid adverse effects from using cimetidine:
- Consult your doctor before taking cimetidine for treating warts.
- If you are suffering from kidney condition or liver condition, then avoid consuming cimetidine.
- If you are suffering from HIV then using this component is prohibited.
Warts need to be kept in check. They can heal by themselves most of the time, but it can get worse so it is better to see a doctor if you discover warts on your body. Self-medication is not advised under any circumstances.